Thursday, March 4, 2010

A "sparkley" prayer!

This just may be the cutest girl in the world. At least in my eye's. So, here is the story. Maddie has become very excited to say prayers over the last few months. She wants to say the prayer every time we sit at the table. Lately she has started to use a lot of adjectives when describing things in her prayers. No longer does she say, "Thank you for this day, and thank you for this night." She now says, "Thank you for this beautiful day and beautiful night," and everything else in the rest of the prayer has the word beautiful in front of it. The next day, she will say "wonderful" in front of everything. "Thank you for this wonderful carrot. Thank you for this wonderful table, and wonderful dog, and wonderful house, and wonderful baby brother, etc..." So the other night she began her prayer and decided the adjective for the night would be "sparkley." "Thank you for this sparkley day. Thank you for this sparkley family. Thank you for this sparkley chicken." Everything in the prayer was sparkely. I just keep hearing her voice in my head because it was so sweet and sincere. It took a lot of effort to say the word sparkley in front of everything.
We love our little sparkley princess Maddie!

4 comments:

Natalie R. said...

What a great adjective! I'm impressed that she knows so many different ways of describing things. I love hearing little kids pray! :0)

Liz said...

I love that wonderful,beautiful,sparkly and fabulous Maddie.....
love your funny,silly and thankful, grandma foof

Jessica said...

Cool! She's obviously learning to look at the bright side of life from her awesome mother. :)

The Aamodt Family said...

I love it....I think the world needs a few more sparkly prayers!!