Sunday, August 14, 2011

Spring soccer and summer recap

I figure I should get all my old pictures up before I start taking new ones of our soon to be Orme baby #4. These were taken on one of Josh and Maddie's last games through Pike soccer. Maddie's first soccer season. She did great!
Dave coached both teams which was even harder than he thought. Two practices a week, two Saturday games, tons of emails, in charge of snacks, group soccer picture, getting trophy's, and keeping all the kids and parents happy, etc... I can't say I was much help, so I think Dave deserved the trophy last season.

It is fun to see a different side of Josh when he plays sports. He truly loves it!
Maddie mostly loved it because she made a new best friend on the team.

Tyler also doesn't want to be left out of the action.
This was Josh's last season with Pike soccer. We just started the "Indy Burn" team for this year. It is year round, two practices a week, games and traveling tournaments. And, Dave is excited not to be the coach. Dave plays indoor soccer with the Indy Burn coach for Josh's level and thinks he is excellent. This is going to be a big step for Josh with soccer.
We have already had two games and 4 practices. So far, so good.




These two little blondies are quite hilarious together.





And now for a quick summer recap...
It has been an awesome summer! I can hardly believe the kids will be back in school this week. Josh is excited about having a male teacher this year. His name is Mr. Cook and all the kids love him. Maddie will be in full day Kindergarten with Mrs. Lehr. She is the same teacher Josh had. She's great too! Tyler already started school last week and happily jumped back in as if he had never left. And now......this baby will be here before we know it. I am getting more and more excited.
So, I do not possibly know how to catch up from our big summer out in Utah. We kept busy doing all the things we love and spending time with all the people we love. Too many activities to name them all, but a few of my favorites include: A weekend at Bear Lake with my cousins, a night at the Alta cabin with my family, riding horses in Midway with the kids and the Ormes, spending a day up at Snowbird with Tyler and Maddie while Dave and Josh skied on July 2nd (there was a record amount of snow this year!), Raging Waters (Now bought out by Seven Peaks Resort), Maddie and Tyler's swimming lessons at Steiner for two weeks, BBQ at my brother's house, lunch up the canyon with friends, movie and shopping with my mom, baptism, wedding shower for Dave's cousin, wedding dinner, baseball game on the 4th of July with fireworks, spending time with old friends, and endless hours of cousin time for my kids.

Yes, I am addicted to Utah summers.

2 comments:

Cort Nebeker said...

i love the second to last pic, ty is mr. cool guy. i can't wait to play with these guys in 3 weeks!

Natalie R. said...

The only thing more fun than watching a soccer game is watching little kids play it! ;0) I bet your kids are so good, I love soccer. I can't wait until we can put Samuel on a team.

How in the world does Dave find time to coach not one but TWO soccer teams?!!