Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The coolest hike

This picture is at the top of our hike in Koko Head Regional Park. We had already had a very eventful morning hiking and surfing, but as we drove past this mountain Dave insisted we do it right then. (The hottest time of the day.) It was the most straight up hike I have ever done, but it only took us an hour top to bottom. I wish I would have fit the whole mountain in the picture. The trail was made on top of railroad tracks with wooden logs making steps. The last half of the mountain was twice as steep and I just imagined what would happen if someone lost their balance or slipped. AHHHHH!!!!

This is the other hike we went on earlier that morning. By the way, Tyler woke up at 5:00 a.m. EVERY MORNING of our trip. That makes for a long day. We were always out and ready to explore or be in the water by 7:00 a.m. (I am just being a dork here- don't mind me.)

Ty loved the back pack and spent several hours in it.


I love you Dave.

1 comment:

ThurberGang said...

***SO AWESOME***. . .I miss Hawaii **SO** much. . . how great that you got to go!!! I can't wait to hear more about it. . .