_______________THE ORME FORUM-- It will change your life..... It has changed mine. (wink, wink!)
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Josh and cousins.
Josh has been losing a lot of teeth lately. He lost his first front top tooth in Utah. His grandpa kept calling him, "Toothless from Tokyo." Josh has told me a few times that he doesn't believe in the tooth fairy, so finally I said, "You are right. There is no tooth fairy. Here is two dollars." (I am embarrassed to admit I gave him two dollars for a tooth, but I don't think Josh would take any less. He is very into saving money these days.) His next tooth he lost in a swimming pool a few weeks ago. The tooth fell out in the pool. Dave went searching for it but couldn't find it in the water. Two hours later, the lifeguard came and found us with Josh's tooth in his hand! What a life guard!! He waited for all the kids to leave the pool and then searched until he found it. Last week Josh lost another tooth. He won't put it under his pillow, he just reminds us every day how much money we owe him. When he keeps bugging me, I just write him a check. I can't believe how old this little guy thinks he is. He likes to check his bank account online and gets excited when he has more money in his savings than we do in our checking account!
Below is a picture of perhaps Josh's biggest fan! This is his cousin Will who just recently moved to Denver, Colorado. Will and Josh have developed the sweetest cousin bond over the last two years. This summer we drove through Denver twice to stay with our Ford cousins. Jessie decided to make it a surprise for her kids. She told Will that a very exciting thing was going to happen later that afternoon, but she couldn't tell, they just had to wait. Will was guessing all kinds of things, "Is Toys R Us coming past our house with a truck load of toys to drop off?" "Did I win the grand prize on the cereal box?" "Am I getting a new pet?" When we showed up at the Ford's door, the look on Will's face was truly priceless. I can't even describe how happy he was to see Josh. Tears started coming down my face as I watched Will run towards Josh and give him a hug. Will says to Josh in all sincerity, "Josh you are the greatest cousin I could ever ask for!" We love you Will! Of course Jake and Naomi are pretty awesome too!
Here we are with more of the Orme cousins on the 4th of July. I wish I could have captured the whole row of them eating their ice cream cones at teh baseball game. These are not little boys anymore, they are growing up so fast!
We had dinner with the Nebeker cousins in my grandma's backyard while we were in Utah. Josh is the oldest of all the great grand children. Every time we come back to Utah, they pick up where they left off. I love that my kids can have such wonderful cousins to be with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's so fun to get together with so much family, I love seeing my kids with their cousins, too. I'm glad you guys got to have so much fun over the summer, and I hope some of Josh's adult teeth come in before he loses too many more baby teeth! ;0)
Post a Comment