Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Joshua Orme!




Josh is turning 6 today. (Well, kind of. He is a Leap Year birthday!) These pictures are from when Sir Boss (Grandpa Geoff) came to visit us in January. These pictures were taken at a great Western Art Museum. The stagecoach was the highlight.
I have been wanting to think of some Joshua stories to share, but nothing is popping out at me. But when I think of him, all I can think about is how grateful I am for him. I am in love with the boy and person he is becoming. I think one of my favorite things I have been able to do with him this year is to watch him learning to read. Tonight we finished a reading course that has taken us nearly 6 months to complete, and guess what, he is reading!!! It is so exciting. I love that Josh enjoys school so much. I love his teacher Mrs. Lehr. I honestly can not think of one thing I do not like about his school. It has completely exceeded any expectations I had of Kindergarten. I already know it is going to be extremely hard to leave Traders Point Christian Academy in 5 years.
Tonight we had a KILLER birthday party at our house. Josh helped plan the whole thing. It was a Lego Star Wars Birthday Party. I will save the details for when I post the pictures, but it was a total success. 9 boys attended, all with their light sabers and Star Wars shirts! We had plenty of games planned to last the 3 hours. (If you know me, you know that I am a game person at parties!) After about the 4th or 5th game, this cute little boy with glasses and blond hair said, "Do you think we can have a rest from the games and have some free time?" I thought he was adorable in the way that he asked, and of course I said "yes"!
Josh, thank you for being the best big brother in the world. Thank you also for being exactly who you are and so kind and caring to everyone. It is a joy being your mother!! We love you!

4 comments:

James and Jessica Ford said...

I am so sad we couldn't be there..but I am sure my boys would have hurt someone at the lightsaber duel...But we can't wait for the weekend! And the Battle of Endor. Awesome!

beth said...

Happy birthday (sort of) Josh!

Natalie R. said...

That's an awesome stage coach, how fun! And I totally wish I could've been at the party - I would've bought my own light saber and Star Wars t-shirt just for it, and I would've had a blast. :0)

Happy Birthday, Josh!!!

Ross Family said...

You've had a birthday, shout HOORAY!! We want to sing to you today. One year older and wiser too! Happy Birthday to you!! (That was the Ross kids singing to Josh!) We miss you Josh and hope you had a great birthday!