Friday, April 3, 2009

Our new home (crossing our fingers!)

My friend Julie and I drove to "Indy" last Sunday night, and the very next morning found a beautiful home that fits my family perfectly!
The offer has not gone through yet, so I know this is premature to be blogging about our first home. However, I fell in love with it, and can't stop thinking about it.

Dave cares more about the backyard than the actual house, so here are a few outside shots. He can't complain about this. Most homes do not have fences, so we got lucky finding a big nice yard that my kids can't escape from.
The play set is included! Yeahhh!

Julie and I had such a great day. It was warm, sunny and beautiful. She was an amazing help and support. We never ran out of all the good "girl talk", and also never ran out of all the snacks, chocolate, and candy we loaded the car with. The first 5 houses didn't excite us too much. Then we walked into a home and I said under my breath, "This is it. I love you!" I thought I was set, but 3 houses later I knew this was the one. It had such a comfortable and warm feeling. Everything is in wonderful condition. All new paint, carpet and appliances. We finished looking at all the 4 bedroom houses in the area and went home to regroup. Two hours later we went out to just make sure we had seen them all. I had such a good feeling about this house. There were really no doubts in my mind. So, it was time to celebrate. We drove around the city, got some food and hit a movie. ("Duplicity" with Julia Roberts- very good! I recommend it.)
The next morning we wrapped things up and then took off for the 5 hour drive home. It took us a bit longer because we couldn't pass up some outlet shopping. All in all, it was a wonderful and memorable time. Thanks a million Julie!
In case you are wondering where my husband is during this big decision....he is on a boys trip(Tyler and Josh included) in Utah with his family.
The kitchen and family room are awesome!
Below is a picture of me and our Realtor doing business.
(hee, hee, hee)
(I am so giddy right now looking at the home!)


That's all for now. We will hear back in the next few days whether or not we will be closing on this house next month. We have a guest bedroom and bathroom, so please feel free to visit anytime. (Southwest flies to Indiana!) We feel truly blessed to have some wonderful options to live that are affordable for our family over the next 5 years.

11 comments:

theriddle said...

Congratulations it looks beautiful!

beth said...

That house looks amazing! I hope it all works out. Good luck with the future move. We'll miss you!

Aimee said...

Oh my GOSH!. You said it was beautiful, but it really, truly is! I'm glad you decided to go for it, because it looks TOTALLY worth the asking price. Congrats, guys!

missandyd said...

I like it! It does fit you guys! I wil be there in a couple months K.

cailin said...

Wow, it looks amazing. Remember the good ol days in Grenada....this place would have seemed like a dreamland mansion.

Ash and Joe said...

holy cow its a dream home!!!! love it and hope it works out.

The Aamodt Family said...

I love it!! It looks perfect!! We will hope it will all work out for you guys. Let us know! I hope we can see Dave while he is here!!

Ritch in Love said...

I love the Southwest Plug! Great house! Just beautiful! My favorite is the porch!

Anne said...

Awesome.

Fancy Nancy said...

I LOVE it Kristine! Your first home... we will keep our fingers crossed for you that all works out!

suzi said...

HOORAY! I'm so glad you put on offer on it! It's awesome and you'll have so much fun in that back yard! I can't wait to hear updates!!