Thursday, November 20, 2008

HSM Senior Year!

What would I do without good friends? This is a picture of Julie and I the summer Dave and I moved to Michigan. She is the first friend I met here, and I honestly can not imagine what we would do without their AMAZING family! Our first weekend in Michigan, Dave went to a Saturday morning yard sale. He found a big blue car for Maddie and Josh to ride for just a few dollars. The moment he was purchasing it, Julie and her husband Steve walked over and said in a joking way, "Oh you beat us to it, we were just going to buy that car for our little girl." Steve asked Dave what his name was and when Dave replied "Orme", Julie said half heartily, "like the city?" (We hear that ALL the time in Utah.) But Dave is thinking, "How in the world would they know about Orem, Utah?" So, what do you know, they were Mormon.
One week later they invited us over for dinner, and we have been friends ever since. When we moved into the branch with them there were only about 3 families (meaning a mom and a dad and one or more kids). I could rave for pages about all of Julie's remarkable characteristic's and incredible talents, but her kind of work can not be summed up in words, you really have to see her work! (She does interior design and my jaw still drops every time I walk in her house.) She is the kind of friend I can call at any time of day or night, she is always there if I need a helping hand, and I have leaned on her numerous times for advice. Julie- you are like the big sister I never had! We better keep in touch after we leave Michigan!
Well, tonight we had a blast going to "High School Musical." I think we were either laughing or talking through the whole show. The only other people in the movie theater were two older couples well over 70, and three teenage boys. When I watch that show, I am reminded of my "East High pride." There is something so strange about watching your high school being filmed. Seeing the places I remember dancing at my own proms, or the old places I used to eat lunch, or see the court where I used to cheer for the basket ball players. Plus, by now, I think everyone who reads my blog knows how obsessed I am with musicals! I was a little scared I might be let down, but I thought the third HSM was better than the first two combined- no question! I want to go into detail about how rockin' rad that movie was, but it is much too late. I can not wait to see it again with my high school girl friends in Utah. Thanks Julie for an awesome night!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Loved it! Such a great movie. Zac is pretty easy on the eyes, though. :) I just got back from the Twilight premiere. We'll have to talk after you see it.

Natalie R. said...

I've actually only seen the second one (random, I know), but I have a goal to eventually see the other two. Someday soon, I hope!

James and Jessica Ford said...

I LOVED your post on Josh and Maddie. Thanks for the reminder. On the HSM, I have got to see it. Maybe Naomi will go with me.

suzi said...

Loved it! Finally someone explained perfectly how I felt watching it as far as the lunch places and prom stuff, etc... I even had to think about Guys and Dolls while they were on stage! I know, I know. Sorta weird. I'll have to have Tom read this post so he knows I wasn't just trying to be cool and say I was at all of those places while we were at the movie! haha...
p.s. I LOVED THE JUNK YARD SCENE!!
Any other takers?