Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

What can I say about this wonderful woman? Hmmm. Where do I begin? I think my mom is very unique in a number of ways. I used to think it was funny how she would decide she liked a shirt and she would wear it everyday over and over. (Washing it ofcourse.) The way she dressed was not a big deal to her when we were growing up. I love things like that because she is such a natural and down to earth person. My mom loves nature. She is in awe of the mountains, she lives for the fresh air, she always is taken back by the beautiful skies, and she loves to be surronded by tree's and wild flowers. She does not take for granted the beauty of God's earth. She has passed this love down to her children. My mom loves animals. You can spot a true animal lover a mile away. Our pets were a real part of our family growing up. Thank you mom for allowing us to have our cats, dogs, hampsters, fish and frogs. Thank you also for taking in our beloved "Cru" when Dave and I had to flee the country for two years. (Ha ha)
My mom loves to be a kid. She is absolutely adorable with my kids. She knows how to talk on their level and relates with Josh's funny sense of humor. In her eyes, Josh can do no wrong. Even when he throws a stuffed animal at her head. My mom is an exceptionally loving person to children, to elderly people, and even to perfect strangers. She makes friends quicker than anyone I know. Whether at the gas station, the bank, the grocery store...anywhere.
The last thing I am going to say about my mom is that I love her sense of adventure. She can be a very spur of the moment person. (A quality I love!) "Mom, let's go to Bear Lake" "Ok, that sounds fun!" "Mom, let's go grab some food and take the dogs up Milcreek." "Sure!" It is hard for someone with MS to be spontaneous, but my mom can never turn down an adventure. Three years ago Dan, Kate, Dave and I snowmobiled her into the Alta cabin in the middle of the winter. The next day, when the snow mobils were gone, the question was, "how in the world are we going to get her down the mountain?" I had the brilliant idea of strapping her on a sled and each of us have a rope to steer and guide the tobagan from the cabin down the mountain. There were some steep hills and fresh powder and narrow trails through the trees. My husband said," Kristine, this is never going to work!" Not only did it work, but my mom had the ride of her life! We went fast and snow was flying over her the whole time. She was squealing like a little kid in excitement.
Mom, you are an amazing sport! Especially on your last trip to Michigan. Happy Mother's Day! Love, Kristine

4 comments:

Dan said...

My eyes are watery and I am turning into Rudolf!   Thank you so much for this blog with these fun and loving memories. I think you have me pegged.       I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!I feel so blessed to have you for my daughter. You have always delighted me, even with your purple glasses and your lion perm!  You are always beautiful in my eyes and you have totally filled my heart with music since you were born.  The belly laughs we've had together until we cry and I become that reindeer once again have kept us real. Time keeps moving on~~but let's make sure that we keep this as one of our traditions. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU KRISTINE! ~You are an amazing mother of three now! Having a mom who knows how to live life so fully is such a gift. ~~ Richard and I love you forever and ever~~ How incredibly blessed your sweet and darling children are to be raised with a mom and dad like you two. Thank you for making me such a happy mom and grandma.-Liz

Anne said...

I just want to add that I think Liz is fabulous too, and she always makes me laugh.

Ritch in Love said...

Christine, I had to say hi! I found your blog through Anne's. It looks like your world is wonderful in Michigan. I'm glad you guys are so happy there! And I can't believe how much Josh has grown! And Maddie! Your youngest is darling. Tell your mom hi. We are doing great, living downtown, and still flying, of course. Michael is going to go back to school at the U and is going to pursue Law School. So back to college we go in our 30's. (sigh) Come visit our blog anytime!

Anne said...

I tagged you...you're it! Check my blog.