Monday, May 19, 2008


Ok, so my dear old friend from high school Anne Jacobson (actually Jr. High, but we had a love/hate relationship back then) tagged me. I don't really know what that means, but she wants me to answer a bunch of questions. Anne, I didn't want to do the high school ones, but instead I will answer the questions about my truest love...David Orme. Here it goes...



HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER? Married for 9 years this August, but he's been my one and only since the first time we hung out in summer of '96.

HOW LONG DID YOU DATE? Dated 8 months before the mission, I was faithful and true through the mission (not according to him), and we were married in less than 5 months after he returned.

WHO EATS MORE? I would have to say me over the past year, but before that, Dave always took the cake.

WHO SAID "I LOVE YOU" FIRST? Dave said "I love you" on the night of my 18th birthday. I didn't hesitate to say it right back. That night was AMMMMMMAZING!

WHO IS TALLER? Hmmm...David. One night when I was pregnant with our son Josh, Dave said, "I just hope our son doesn't get your squatty genes!" Needless to say, I was super offended. You don't use the word squatty to a pregnant woman!

WHO HAS MORE SPEEDING TICKETS? We are both pretty good. Dave never gets pulled over. I always do, but I always find a way to get out of the ticket. (I've been pulled over in Michigan at least 6 times and never got a ticket!)

WHO IS SMARTER? I'll be honest...Dave. I feel like with each kid I fall farther behind. But thank goodness I am not the one studying my brains out in medical school.

WHO IS MORE SENSITIVE? We are both pretty sensitive, but I would say in a lot of ways Dave is. He is 100 times more sentimental.

WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY? Me.

WHO DOES THE DISHES? Both. Yesterday we got our FIRST dishwasher in all the years and apartments we have been married!!! It is a roll away one that you hook up to your sink. Pretty sweet huh? One day we won't be so ghetto. At least living in the states we now have hot water.

WHO IS MORE ROMANTIC? I think Dave. Actually, Dave all the way.

WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT? I never know who is sleeping where in our house.

WHO PAYS THE BILLS? Both

MOWS THE LAWN? Josh likes to cut the grass with scissors. He does it every day.

COOKS DINNER? I can't make dinner without my two little helpers trying to get in on everything.

WHO IS MESSIER? Dave, he would probably disagree.

WHO DRIVES WHEN YOU ARE TOGETHER? Dave most of the time.

WHO IS MORE STUBBORN? DAAAAAAAVE! Don't believe me, ask any one in his family!

WHO KISSED WHOM FIRST? This is a good story. All of his friends started putting the pressure on me to do it because they said he was never going to. I'll never forget when Brett Shields said to me at school (really loud, in front of Acappella) "Come on Kristine, you have your horse, now you gotta ride him!) So, that night I did. After a movie in his basement, I totally cornered him. (He was trying to get away, but couldn't!) I went in for the kiss and as soon as our lips touched he jumped back as if he had been shocked. He is going to kill me for writing that. Anyway, the answer was no doubt- ME.

WHO ASKED WHO OUT FIRST? Dave did, if you can believe it. I had liked him for months, but I made a pack with myself that I would not be the first to call him. It was well worth the wait!

WHO PROPOSED? That would be Dave. However, the very first time we talked about marriage was the night we set our date. We were young and stupid and totally in love and I have never regreted that decision.

7 comments:

Alta said...

I always thought that you and Dave were the cutest couple. I remember you telling me what you were going to send dave on Valentines while he was on his mission. We were on the bus heading to the U for a singing concert i think. Anyway I love the both of you and still think you guys are cute. I also can't wait to see you. When are you coming home? Love you tons!

Joel and Crystal said...

Love your blog Kristine and it was fun to read all this about you and Dave! You are a very cute couple!

Anne said...

Yeah for answering my tag...sort of. I love that you "rode your horse."

The Johnson Family said...

We are so lucky that Dave married you! I love having you in the family! I learned a lot about you two reading all of this... :)

theriddle said...

I can't believe you guys just got your first dishwasher. I don't remember your first kiss but I remember when you guys talked about getting married. It was fun to read all about it.

Natalie R. said...

That was so fun, it was great getting to know you both a little bit better. :0)

Ritch in Love said...

Those were REALLY cute answers!
Ok, I'm kinda worried! Is Cru still around? Your comment on my blog made me worry that he's not around any more!! I have driven by your mom's house SO many times hoping to see him outside and I haven't...I would adopt that dog in a HEARTBEAT!
(Love your first kiss story! Totally cute!)