The best present of all....made from a volly ball net, $3 rim from good will, $12 for the white piping, a wood backboard and painted, all by Josh's dad! This has been the biggest hit all weekend! It is so cute when I hear Josh say to his friends, "Look at what my daddy made me!!"

It is not good when your batteries run out at the beginning of the party, but at least I got two pictures. The boys had a great time. Dave and I were so happy to have "soccer" as the theme, and not Star Wars for the third year in a row. The boys especially loved playing soccer with all the lights out and the music up loud, "We will, we will ROCK YOU!!"

The "soccer cake" had the pieces set exactly as Josh wanted them. It is kind of starting to scare me how into soccer Josh is getting. I am afraid he is already going to be like his dad where any spare second of time on the computor goes straight to sport stats. It is actually pretty cute. (Speaking of Dave and Josh.)
Happy Birthday Joshua!
Next year will be your REAL birthday on February 29th!!
Josh soccer gameCheck out these links if you want to see more of his party. However, I think I need to learn to hold the camera the right way or learn to edit better. Sorry!
5 comments:
Such a cute cake! Did Dave make it? I remember you saying he's an AMAZING baker. And I love that josh is a leap-year baby.
So cute. Way to go guys! The birthday looks like a smashin hit. Oh, and we forgot to call. We'll work on that!
I like the idea of a soccer party, that's pretty awesome. Did he watch any of the World Cup last year??
Samuel and I were out playing soccer together last week, it was so fun. He doesn't really get it yet, but he was kicking the ball way better than last summer which made me happy. :0)
Oh, and of course...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSH!!! :-D
Wonderful birthday film. I loved seeing everyone in action. Great basketball net. Super cool gift made by dad. We love you all. Nettie
Post a Comment