So, tonight I am going to confess something about my husband that is a major turn on for me. You would never guess. I am not going to talk about his dashing good looks, his witty sense of humor or his "rock hard legs"! (A doctor at work spoke those words to him last week. We had to laugh about it.)
Something that turns me on about David Orme is his: SPEED! Do you know that Dave is pretty much the fastest man on the planet?! Ok, maybe that is going too far, ("I'll tell you when you've gone too far..." name the movie) but have you seen Dave on a soccer field or basket ball court? When Dave and I were dating, this was a huge turn on to watch him bolt from one side of the field to the other in .002 seconds! He is an ANIMAL out there!
In fact, the first night Dave and I "hung out" with a group of friends we played capture the flag. I vividly remember getting the flag and running as fast as my little legs could carry me. No one was going to stop me. I was busting it as hard as I could when all of a sudden, in a flash from no where, Dave caught me. I couldn't even see who he was because of that amazing speed I am talking about! (I still remember what shirt Dave was wearing that night. It was his black "Wallflowers" shirt.) Hmm...do you think I liked him? It only took 6 months of staring at each other before he finally called me! Anyway, now, at 33, he may have lost a little speed, but he has still got it baby! I love having a fit husband whose passion for sports will never die!
Happy Birthday Honey!
33 is going to be a great year!
5 comments:
Cute! I love it. We saw Rapunzel too. Well, i didn't, but Naomi did. By the way, I am wayyy faster than Dave. ha ha. Just kidding. I barely walk up the stairs anymore, but hey.
I can't believe we're in our 30's although I agree that it is a great age and I wouldn't trade it to go back to my 20's. What days are you in SLC for Christmas? I'll be there the 22nd-26th!
Happy birthday, Dave!! I remember playing hockey with you guys, and Dave was totally our not-so-secret weapon. No one stood a chance at protecting the goal when he got the puck. Hope you guys got to do something fun for his birthday!!!
Um, Jessie didn't get the correct movie. What is Roxanne! Anyway, Dave is faster than me, barely. We can't wait to see you guys for Christmas and we then we can see who is fastest.
Kristine,
I have a coworker who just had her second baby in June. He has Down's Syndrome, and like you, she didn't know until he was born. What you have written in several of your posts about your experience is touching, and I thought it might be helpful for her to read, so I gave her the link to your blog. I Hope that is OK.
Post a Comment