Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010!

There are always a million things I would like to blog about, but who has the time, honestly?! I feel grateful for so many things in my life. I could make a giant list, but I am just going to say a few things that come to mind.
1. I am grateful for YOU for being my friend, checking out my blog from time to time, keeping up with me even when we do not see each other often. Thank you, who ever you are for the memories and good times we have had together. I value my friendships so much! YOU are a very special person in my life.
2. I feel so grateful for my health, and for the health of my family. There is not one day that goes by that I don't thank God for my health and body. It is such a blessing that Tyler has not had any health issues. We do not realize how fortunate we are. If I could choose between being poor and healthy, or rich and unhealthy, I know what I would pick.
3. I am grateful for this beautiful world. I love the changing seasons. I love the excitement of snow on its way. I love to stop and admire all the many wonders all around me. Thank you God for giving me such great joy to live in a beautiful world.
4. I am grateful for my core beliefs. This goes beyond what I have been taught at church or by my parents. I hold these beliefs and truths as the most sacred knowledge I will ever possess. My beliefs influence every decision I make from day to day. These truths bring me more light and joy and gratitude than anything else. I have hope for my life and the life of my children because of these core beliefs. They will never change.
5. I am grateful for all my family. I am talking about my ancestors who lived before. I learn about them and know that I have their courageous blood running through my veins. I love these people whom I shall meet one day. I am excited for that reunion. I admire my heritage greatly. Family is the most important thing for me. I love the Orme family, the Graham family, the Fowler family, the Poulsen family, the Nebeker family, and very most of all I love these 4 people in the pictures below. They are my life and my greatest joy.
Let us all remember that Thanksgiving is a day of Thanksgiving! (Not merely a "Turkey Day"!)
Handsome boys don't you think?
Tyler is doing his "sad" face. He does this all the time when he just wants a hug. He puts his hands up to his face, comes towards you with a little moan, and just wants to be squeezed tight. It's precious!
Maddie is such a beauty! She is happy nearly 100% of the time. We love her to pieces!

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

That was such an awesome post, thanks for writing it! Those are all truly wonderful things to be thankful for! When are you going to be in SLC?? We're actually going there, too, but only for a few days. I don't know if we'll be able to or not, but it would sure be great to see you if possible!!