Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our first trip to Nauvoo!

What a perfect weekend this was for our family! The weather could not have been better, no crowds, beautiful 5 hour drive, cute little condo, fun restaurants, and the best part was that we could be with Joey and Ashley Orme just before they moved to Pennsylvania. It was the best and I can't wait to go back again. I am going to have to let the pictures do the talking because I took too many. (However, I am still kicking myself for not getting Baby Eliza and Ash in any pictures!) We love you guys! Thanks for making it all possible.

Hyrum on the left, Joseph on the right.
The Nauvoo Temple....truly stunning.


Bring out the wagon...
It is a miracle, I actually got some pictures of Josh on this trip.
(I usually have to bribe him with money to get a picture of him! It is pathetic!)

Is he cute, or is he cute??!



This may have been Maddie's favorite part of the trip; playing house, "pioneer style."




You may think this below is Dave, no, it is his almost look alike younger bro.
Dave makes this face when he is trying his absolute hardest. Joey just laughs.
Maddie took this picture, but I just love that "sly" face!
So much to say, but so little time...

I will say that sometimes I truly think I should have or would have liked to have been born in the early days of the church better than modern times. I would have loved to be a pioneer, lived off the land, and been a part of that great trek to Utah. But most of all, I long to have heard Joseph Smith teach and to have known him personally. To me, that would make all the hardships worth it. Nauvoo is a beautiful place. One day I will be able to know personally those great leaders and my ancestors who paved the way.

6 comments:

lynnette orme said...

Wonderful post. The pictures are fabulous. Isn't Nouvoo a magical place--the history and spirit are still strong. Everyonbe should make a trip to the Nauvoo temple--absolutely breathtaking --and Oh, the trail of tears. We are so glad you could go there before Joe and Ash left. Love, Nettie

beth said...

Nauvoo is awesome! I'm so glad you guys got to go!

The Aamodt Family said...

I love the pictures....I can not believe how much Josh is looking like Dave!! It is a "mini-me" for sure!! Please know that we are all thinking of you with the passing of Lloyd!! We are so sorry!! What a great man he is!!

Aimee said...

How fun that you got to go to Nauvoo! We really like visiting there. Great pictures!

Levi and Arika said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I cannot believe how big Tyler is!

Natalie R. said...

Cameron and I got to go to Nauvoo a few years ago, and it was truly amazing. I'm glad you guys also had such an awesome experience!