Monday, September 21, 2009

Who is this man?




This man is my husband and to learn more please read below.

Last Friday I was standing outside talking to some random pregnant lady, this was the conversation:
RPL: So why did you move to Indiana?
Me: My husband just started his residency here at Riley Childrens Hospital.
RPL: Oh really, what is the program?
Me: (I thought about just saying pediatrics since that is easier, but I decided to tell her more.) He is actually in a triple board program, it is a combined program between...
RPL: (She cut me off and said) Oh I know what the triple board program is. What is his name I just finished my residency at Riley's?
When I said David Orme, she knew instantly who I was talking about. She said he would have no idea who she was, but she knew him because the triple board residents stand out and he especially caught her eye. She then went on to tell me what a kind and wonderful doctor he is. She said that she noticed him right off as being different because of the way in which he went out of his way for other people.

The reason I tell you this is because I rarely talk about my husband on my blog. Maybe that is because I rarely see him these days. However, I randomly keep hearing the kindest compliments about him. I have so much respect for all the hard work and long hours Dave puts in. Seriously, my days are so daily and boring and every night Dave will come home with a story that blows me away. I can't believe he actually saw that, or did that, or touched that, or talked to someone like that. The life of a doctor is a fascinating life. For so many years, I only looked at doctors from a patients perspective. Now that a get a glimps into the doctors perspective, it puts a whole new spin on things.
There are so many resident families that live in our neighborhood. So often the women will complain about how hard it is, and I fully agree. There are many days where Dave is so dilerious from working around the clock that he does not feel safe to drive home and he will have to sleep at the hospital. But on the other end, it doesn't seem right to complain about the path that we are on. What a blessing to have a secure job at this time in this economy. What a blessing that my husband is a hard worker and for such a noble cause. And what a blessing that he feels fulfilled and satisfied that each day he has made a difference in someones life. And, on top of all that, Dave is a wonderful and fun father! Thanks Dave.
I love you.

5 comments:

Ash and Joe said...

what a sweet post. i think that orme goodness runs in the family. maybe someday some of it will rub off on me...

Wives of Ball Family Residents said...

thumbs up for Dave!

Liz said...

you are the best dave!

James and Jessica Ford said...

I hate to break it to you...but you NEVER complain. I hope some of that rubs off on me.

lynnette orme said...

I am blessed to be a mom and have wonderful sons (and daughters). Thanks you for loving him. We love you all, Mom