It looks like I am officially a weird mom. I used to think that people who didn't even have a T.V. in their house were way too extreme. Somehow, ever since we moved into this new house, my children have forgotten about T.V. They honestly have not watched T.V. in nearly 4 months. Not once. I heard a book on tape about 6 months ago that really turned me off from wasting time watching T.V. I guess that is what initiated it. Then, life just got busy, and we just don't think about it anymore. You know, it really is great in the mornings to have my kids actually listening to me. I don't have to say, "At the next commercial, go brush your teeth and get dressed." I don't have to get in the argument about being late for school if we don't turn off the T.V. right now. "But mom, we can't leave until the show is finished!" I have loved not starting my days off with PBS kids anymore. 3 or 4 movies from the library every week is a much better option in my opinion.
Now I just wish that video games didn't exist!
7 comments:
that's awesome, Kristine! When I have kids I really want to limit the amount of TV they watch. You'll have to coach me on how to do this! xoxo.
welcome to the club of weird moms!
What was the book on tape that you listened to that inspired it all? I used to be SUPER weird - now it comes in spurts!!! ha. . .
I guess I am a weird mom also. We haven't had TV since we moved and it has been great. The only time I miss it is when Kevin is on call at night and the house is just way too quiet...but overall I LOVE it!!
Way to go. I am listening to Land Before Time in the next room as I play on the computer. Oh, well. Cute pics of Maddie. I love her.
I love that. I am to the point where I would love to throw the t.v. in our room (yep) and our toy room (I know) out the window!!! I never watch but Tom and the kids are massively addicted. Maybe they will come home one day and I will be hundreds of dollars richer (thanks to KSL) and they will wonder if we've been robbed due to the holes in our blank walls...hehe
Way to go. That is great and I love you all. Wish I could be there to read books to the kids. Love, Nettie
Post a Comment