Friday, September 4, 2009

Life at the Orme's...

It is 11:30 at night, all the kids are asleep, Dave is on call at the hospital, and I am home eating chocolate chips. I love eating chocolate late at night, and I think I have a lot of crazy dreams because of it.
Last week was an awesome week. I want to write about it before I get around to putting pictures up. First of all, my sister came in for a visit. I have not seen Kate for 8 months. She just returned from a grand adventure with her husband all over Ecuador, Columbia, and Panama. It was sweet to spend some time with her and the kiddos. I took her around everyday and let her see what it is like to be a mom of 3 kids 24/7. Highlights include: Swimming at the pool a block away. She was sitting with Ty on the steps when all of a sudden, as she was pulling her hair into a pony tail, Tyler made a dive into the pool. He was free swimming for about 5 seconds and came up with a look of, "What in the world just happened?!" At the zoo, Kate and I especially loved the "role playing" during one of the animal shows. They have some fabulous actors at our zoo. (hee, hee) I think I might look into it as a side job because of the cool lines written into the script!
At the children's museum Kate and Josh got into all the hands on dinosaur activities. And later that night we met Dave for a fun walk around downtown Indy. We were craving Mexican food and did a little shopping around. Hmmm...what else? Kate came to my gym two days for my boot camp class. We could hardly walk the majority of the trip because of all the lunges and squats. We also went on a beautiful and awesome bike ride. We even did a few stunts if you can believe it. It reminded me of one of our classic favorite movies, "Rad".
The kids had such a blast with Kate. I love ya sis. Thanks for coming. We have missed you so much. But next time you come, I think the kids are going to be really upset if Thomas isn't with you!

A day after Kate left, I had a girls weekend with 5 of my "Grenada friends". Jolie came from Pittsburgh, Roxy came from Chicago, Terria came from Toledo, Bethany came from Wisconsin, and Hannah (here in Indiana with me)all spent the night here on Friday night. We needed a babysitter for our kids so that we could go out to dinner at the cheesecake factory. We found one!!! His name is David Orme. He watched 8 kids all under the age of 5. And he put them all to bed too! My husband truly is amazing. We had a great night talking and eating cheesecake!
The next morning we went to Hannah's for her daughters three year old birthday party. Her daughter Lilly is Maddie's BEST friend. They became best buds in Michigan and it always cracks Hannah and I up because we have NEVER seen them fight. It is kind of weird how good they get along 100% of the time. The party was a blast and I wanted to hang out with my friends all night, but I knew that my husband was wanting his wife back.
Last week was really busy, so it has been nice to have an easy going week. Maddie started school this week. She loves it! She feels very special to be in school just like her older brother. Sometimes I don't think she has a shy bone in her body. She has also started speech therapy again and we love her teacher. But, the count down is still on for her ballet class to begin on the 18th! Tyler is getting started with his therapy. In Indiana they come to my home so that makes my life easier. He has mastered the stairs up and down. He can take about 6 steps on his own and moves from furniture to furniture freely. I think he plays the best with Tucker. They love to rip up toilet paper together, play tug of war together, play in the sand box together and make all kinds of messes together. I can tell Tyler really likes Tuck and Tuck is great with Ty too. Josh is loving school. He thinks homework and school lunch is really cool. He just had his first play date with a kid from school named Jackson. I think they will be good friends.
What else? This is getting long, so why not keep going? I love our raspberry and strawberry bushes that have been producing fruit all summer. I have been called as a Relief Society teacher and Dave and I are on the activities committee at church. I have found a few voice and piano students that I already love. I have a love/hate relationship with my dog. More of my shoes are out in the backyard than in my room. He keeps sneaking them out the door. And lastly, I am SUPER excited about the two new babies coming to the Orme family. Nancy is due in February, and Ashley is due in March. I can't wait!!
I hope you all have a happy fall and know that we love all of you out there!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like life is good for you. I'm glad to hear it.
So, last night I was watching Ella Enchanted, and I kept thinking (don't take this the wrong way) that her step sister Hattie reminded me a lot of you...especially in the purple glasses/permed hair days. It made me miss you. I can't wait to see you.

beth said...

Wow! You look busy. Sounds like fun though.

Aimee said...

I'm glad you are doing well, and THANK YOU again for letting me and my crazy kids stay with you TWICE in August. It was so fun to see you and your awesome house, play tennis, eat amazing crepes, etc., etc.

lynnette orme said...

I loved hearing about all that you are doing. It takes away a ittle of the hurt from not being there are a day to day basis. It seems that wherever you go, you make it home, and that is such a blessing. WE love you. Nettie

Ash and Joe said...

oh my goodness! what a full plate. it sounds like you have settled in well in Idiana.
Dave is such a saint!!!

Ross Family said...

How much fun the Orme house sounds!! I am so glad that things are going well for you in Indiana! I am glad you had fun with the girls. I got your message...will call back soon!! How fun to read all you have been up to!

Liz said...

what a happy, busy family!! i am so excited about coming to check out your homelife in person in a few weeks.. maddie will be in ballet and can't wait to see josh-- and ty and tuck... you make everything so bright and fun kristine~~~ hugs and kisses!