Saturday, October 4, 2008

"Life is beautiful"

I don't feel like I am too good at this whole blogging thing. To tell you the truth, the "blogging world" still freaks me out a bit, as does facebook. Yea, it is cool to see what friends and family are doing, but it also feels weird to let people into my little world and into my head. However, I realized, after talking to my wise sister-in-law Jessie, that I am not happy with the way I write. I feel as if I am always wondering, "Who will be reading this? Is this boring? Am I bragging about my "perfect" life? (I hate that) Am I going to offend someone by saying how I really feel?"
Basically, I don't say anything of importance because I worry about all these things. I want my blog to be totally my own thoughts, good or bad, right or wrong, happy or sad, etc.. So, no longer will I think about who might be reading this, although there is a good chance I will just go private anyway. I love to write. Dave and I write in a journal for each of our children, and I know they will cherish it just as I cherish the words my father left me. I also was an avid journal writer my whole life....until I got married. This I deeply regret. I want blogging to be a way for me to express things that are important to me that I can pass down to my children. Just as the movie says, "Life is beautiful". I couldn't agree more!
I am in Akron, Ohio right now. General Conference was awesome as it always is. I always look forward to conference. Last night I thought it would be fun to watch Jessie and James wedding video. It was super cute. Why is it that I always get emotional when I watch someones wedding video?? So, all of a sudden all of these pictures start coming on with Geoff and Lynnette. All of a sudden tears started coming down my face. I feel like I have the greatest in laws in the whole world!!! I can talk to Lynnette about anything, she loves my children more than I can imagine, she is so patient and kind. My mind is flooding with all the things I love about her. Lynnette, I hope you know how much I love being around you. You have so much personality and spunk. How many people can live with their in laws for 3 MONTHS and not get annoyed??? Honestly, I loved every second of being in the Orme house. I had the pleasure of eating breakfast every morning with Geoff as he drank his two cokes, (at 9:00 a.m.) ate his toast and eggs while reading the newspaper. I was talking to a friend the other day who told me how her father in law has never plays with his grand kids. I thought, "Boy am I spoiled!" No one plays with their grand kids like Geoff. He has turned his backyard into grand kid central. Not only does he take his grand kids to do cool stuff like fishing, skiing, and swimming, but around the house the games never stop. It was his daily ritual to chase Maddie around the whole main floor about 5 times until she was out of breath....or maybe he was out of breath. What more can I say? I love you Geoff and Lynnette. When I saw that video of you last night it made me realize how much I miss you. I hope you are gearing up for us to be with you the whole month of December!!! You guys are the best!

5 comments:

Anne said...

What a nice tribute to your in-laws.

Aimee said...

You are such a sweet, good person. I love reading your thoughts, and I am inspired to be a better journal writer!

Jen VO said...

You may not remember me too well, but we went to highschool together. I found your blog several months ago through another blog (I can't even remember whose it was). At the time I was several months pregnant with my first son. I read your post about natural childbirth and it inspired me to look into it myself. Just 2 1/2 weeks ago I had a completely natural childbirth at a bith center. What an amazing experience! I wanted to thank you for your post. Even if you don't know who is reading your blog, at least you know now that what you write makes a difference.

Fancy Nancy said...

I didn't know you were hanging out with J!!! How fun! Wish I could be there... very nice words about our in-laws, I enjoyed reading it!

Natalie R. said...

I totally know what you mean about blogging. I also always worry about how people will react to what I write. But I try not to worry so much and just write about what I want to say. It's the best way for people to feel like they're still hanging out with you. :0)