Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I love my Young Women!!

I have been a counselor in the Young Women's for one year now. It is the best calling ever! Below is Sister McGee (President) and Sister Arika Hilton (2nd Counselor) We have such a great time with the girls. It always makes me feel like a teenager again when we hang out. I am going to miss the girls SOOO much when I come to Utah for the summer. I wish I could experience girls camp with them. By the way, 3 of the girls were baptised this last year. Also, our branch just moved to our very own chapel last week. (Previously we had been renting out a Catholic church for the past few years.) We have quite a few new members so it is very exciting to watch our branch grow and welcome new members and investigators. P.S. The lady holding Tyler on my previous post (Beverly) was baptized last Sunday with her cute daughter Penelopy. Beverly may be one of Tyler's biggest fans. We love her and are so happy for her! Sofia, Bianca, Damoni, & Carmen.....aren't they beautiful?!

We did a Mother's Day brunch with the Young Men for all the sisters in the branch. We set it up as a restaurant and each youth had their own table to serve the yummy food to. Everyone had a great time!
(I can not tell you how many love triangles we have going on between the YM & YW!)



5 comments:

Anne said...

Love triangles...they seem to follow you.

Natalie R. said...

How fun, it looks like you're having a blast! When do you head to Utah? I wish we were going out there, too, and could meet up with you. Have fun!

MAYFAMILY said...

Thanks so much for the comment on our blog -- of course I remember you. How could I ever forget those miserable, uncomfortable, nine-month-pregnant days up in the sweltering Monument Park nursery? Your family is beautiful! Congrats on #3!

cailin said...

You guys are so awesome. I know you're as amazing in YW as you were in primary. I loved seeing the birthday pics.

Orme Family said...

I don't remember any love triangles Anne. I could name a few of yours though. I never had the "fan club" you did!