Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day Geoff!

 I really can't believe I captured that expression on camera of Geoff holding Olivia!  I have no doubt that my father in law is a baby lover.  And good thing, babies love him too!


 Dear Geoff,
       (Don't worry, I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore.)  I want to thank you for the influence and example you have set in my life over the last 13 years.  I love being an Orme.  I hope I can live up to my name.  I don't think it looks that hard to be a grandpa.  All you gotta do is love your grand kids and I know you do!  I also know my kids love you very much.  Even though we live away from family, we talk about family daily.  Our kids know they come from a strong family on both sides. 
       I want to keep this short and sweet, but thank you for all you do and all you are in my life.  I love your letters.  (yes, I can read them and I do read them.)  I love your jokes......most of the time.  I love your sense of adventure.  I watch you come to life every time you are around an animal or in the outdoors.  I think you are a very genuine, kind, and thoughtful person.  It is always the little things that count and you do a lot of little things.  For example, I see a little remembrance of your love every time I turn a certain pillow around on my couch and see the full imprint of an iron that was burnt into the material.  It makes me smile.   I will be sad to get rid of that couch one day.
         I am blessed by having two of the greatest father's in the world!
Love, Kristine

No comments: