Friday, October 2, 2009

Our new ward in Indianapolis

I took a lot of picture's at the ward picnic a few weeks ago. (Dave and I are on the activities commity.) I figured, why not put them on my blog so that I will always remember some of the families we are getting to know here.
So, my thoughts about church....hmmm...
I remember my good friend in Michigan (Anna Ellsworth) who had been in a branch for most of her life. When some boundaries were changed, they were put into a ward. I asked her how they liked it after the first two Sunday's and she said, "To tell you the truth, we feel sort of lost. It just seems so big. We aren't used to it." Well, I definitely felt the same way moving here. I loved our branch in Michigan so much. We knew every face that walked through the door, and when a new person showed up, we couldn't wait to meet them and hear their story. (Everyone has a story in Detroit. There are some fascinating lives out there!) I felt so close to our branch in Detroit, and I think that the fact that it was so small made me even more attached. This ward is nothing like what we have been used to for the last 4 years. It is a wonderful ward with wonderful people. However, I know we did feel "lost" for the first few months. It isn't quite as entertaining as our branch in Michigan. For example, people in this ward don't shout out random comments in the middle of sacrament. And, we don't have to have our parking lots patrolled during our meetings to prevent our cars from being stolen.
All in all, we are happy to be here in the glorious (ha,ha) state of Indiana! It is wonderful to be members of a church that offers so much service and support. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to raise my family in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (I am getting pumped to watch general conference tomorrow!)









2 comments:

Ross Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun families and people to meet!! I agree with you- it is so wonderful to be a member of the church!! I think moving would be 100% harder without it!! MISS YA!!

Dustin and Melissa said...

Kristine - thank you so much for the note on our blog. We are really looking forward to learning more about Indiana. This weekend my friend is getting married so the next few days are a little crazy and we will be out of town for the wedding. We will give you and Dave a call early next week and we can chat all about Indiana and the Triple Board program. I am working full time so I won't be able to go to most of the interviews. However, we are hoping Dustin gets this interview on December 17th-18th so I can come out that weekend to check out the area. I told Hannah we will need some awesome tour guides! :) Thanks again for all of your help!

(646) 678-3754 home#