Tyler has recently hit his 18 month mark. I realized I don't take nearly as many pictures of my boys as I do of Maddie, so I tried to capture some cute shots of Ty. Tyler is doing great. He is still a super easy going and happy little guy. Last week we went to a Down syndrome specialist who agreed that he is doing fantastic. I think I take it for granted how good he really is. Last week I met a mother with a 4 year old with Down's who still can not eat solid food. Her child's mouth is smaller than normal, (which makes the tongue appear too large) and so it is hard to chew food. She also said that her son did not walk until he was three. (Which is also normal for a child with Down syndrome.) So there are two major blessings: Tyler is eating all table foods and walking at just 18 months. Tyler has lower muscle tone than a normal child which also means he is super flexible. He is extra wobbly because there is not as much stiffness in the muscle. To help take the wobble out of his knees and ankles, he is going to get some custom fit braces in two weeks. She said with his braces (they fit under his pants and inside his shoes) he will be running in no time.
Josh and Maddie are wonderful big siblings. Josh now understands that Tyler is going to be different, but at this point it really makes no difference to him. Josh said the other day, "Mom, I just want Tyler to grow up faster." I asked him why and he said, "I need Tyler to be bigger and stronger so I can wrestle with him more." I have no doubt that Tyler is going to be a good match for Josh in a few years.
9 comments:
Ty is so cute!! Love the pics of him. Glad he is doing so well!!
i read the title of this post and i thought to myself "YES!" a post about my favorite guy ty ty. i love the pic of him in the hat. i think it should be a weekly thing that you post pics of my nephews and niece. hope you are doing well.
yeah! i am so excited to see you and tyty in a week!!!
He is such a cute little guy, does he ever frown?? He always looks so happy in all of the pictures you get of him. :0)
:)
We love Ty! What a cutie!
So are you the only one in your ward who isn't pregant? And you call yourself a Mormon? And Ty, what can i say? We love all your kids. We actually just set some smarties aside for Josh next time he visits. Just in case we run out, Jake wanted to make sure Josh and Maddie would have some. This is a daily thing. We also have a pillow for him.
What a little sweet heart! I am excited to see him in a couple days! I am glad to hear he is doing so well. That's awesome!
What a blessing little Tyler is to your family! It just warms my heart thinking that you're the mother of a little angel on Earth. :D
You're welcome to check out my blog as well: www.soaringcrowes.blogspot.com
Post a Comment