We are here in Indiana! It has actually been one whole week. I can't believe how fast this week has flown by. I absolutely love the home. No complaints whatsoever. We went on our first family bike ride tonight and it was gorgeous. There is a small lake two blocks away and we had fun feeding the ducks.
This week really has been a whirl wind, but I want to give a special thanks to Joey and Ashley for helping us move in! They drove 6 hours to be with us for less than 24 hours! And, they did the hardest labor in that short time. You are the best Ash and Joe! I hope you have a fabulous time in Mexico this week.
What to say...I go to church for the first time tomorrow. That should be interesting. It will probably make me miss our branch in Detroit...(or maybe not! ha,ha. Just kidding!) I have met 4 or 5 families in the neighborhood. This is a very family friendly city and feels extremely SAFE! We drove around a lot today and I saw only one building that was boarded up with broken windows. I said, "Hey, look, it's a Detroit building." We all went to the zoo today and had a great time. We have been using our backyard a ton. I love the deck and the last 3 nights we've had BBQ out on the deck.
Everything feels so fresh and clean here. We are loving the extra space! The weirdest part is knowing that we will live here for 5 years! That seems like forever to me. A lot happens in 5 years. I will get pictures up eventually, but for now all I can say is that I feel so, so, so blessed. There was such a "comfortable" feeling in this house the first second I walked through it. In a way it feels as if we have lived here much longer than one week. I guess the only thing I get a little sad about is the AWESOME friends I had to leave behind, and the beautiful neighborhood and sparkling water that I loved to drive past. Sigh. A new road ahead......
7 comments:
I'm *so* happy to hear that you are getting settled in and loving it. I've thought a lot about you this past week. So sad that I didn't get to see you - Ella ended up being admitted into the hospital for 3 days the night of your party. I wanted to have seen you again. . . but, there's always November, right? We'll start planning right away so WICKED happens! Good luck in Indy, and I'll talk to you soon.
Sounds like you're in an awesome new place! I can't wait to read all about it (and see some pictures too)!
Congratulations!! We can not wait to see your new house!!
Hooray for Indiana! You guys could (and have) made living anywhere seem like fun, but it sounds like this is going to be a really great 5 years. I'm so happy for you!
Hi Kristine! I saw your blog on Michelle's. Congratulations on the move! Hope you guys enjoy it in Indiana.
Heather
I am so glad to hear you are loving your new home so much! Put up some pictures for us soon!
You've got to put pictures up soon so we can see your new great place. I'm stoked you love it!
Post a Comment