May 29th, 2006 was the day Maddie was born. It was on Memorial Day, at St. Mark's Hospital. I was so excited to have a healthy baby GIRL!!!
Josh was excited about this new addition too!
Oh no! This picture is making me want another baby.....
What a sweet heart!
Out of the three births I have had, Maddie's is the most blurred in my mind. That was a crazy period in our lives. Dave was still in Grenada trying to finish his finals, so I flew back to the states 3 weeks before my due date. That was a memorable flight with Josh and flying for 12 hours! When I got to Utah, I was so scared I was going to go into labor without Dave. He could only come for one week and we were praying that everything would work according to plan and that I would have the baby during that time. I guess I get really lucky sometimes because my water broke the day after he flew in. However, the bad news was that he got food poisoning on the plane and was super sick the day Maddie was born. I can still remember him laying next to me in the hospital groaning because of HIS stomach pain. Everything with the birth went smooth. The only part I didn't like about the birth was the pain of getting the epidural. He had to poke me three times before he got it in the right spot. AHHHH! That was way worse than the rest of the birth. But as soon as Maddie came out I thought she was beautiful. Josh quite honestly frightened both Dave and I when he came out. He had a massive cone head, crazy hair, and didn't look anything like what I was expecting. Maddie seemed to have all the perfect little features and a sweet cry. Both Dan and Kate were on trips for Memorial Day weekend and were not getting home until Tuesday. But, when Dave knew that I was going to have the baby soon, he called Thomas, and Thomas was there in a flash! In fact, Thomas was the one who wheeled me up to my recovery room. I felt like the whole world was spinning around me as Thomas cruised by everyone. My mom had been with me the night before because Dave didn't believe that my water had actually broken so my mom went with me to the hospital to get it checked out. So, that is the birth story of Maddie in a nutshell. I love my little Maddie. I will post more pictures of this birthday girl in a few days. Happy Birthday Matts!
Josh was excited about this new addition too!
Oh no! This picture is making me want another baby.....
What a sweet heart!
Out of the three births I have had, Maddie's is the most blurred in my mind. That was a crazy period in our lives. Dave was still in Grenada trying to finish his finals, so I flew back to the states 3 weeks before my due date. That was a memorable flight with Josh and flying for 12 hours! When I got to Utah, I was so scared I was going to go into labor without Dave. He could only come for one week and we were praying that everything would work according to plan and that I would have the baby during that time. I guess I get really lucky sometimes because my water broke the day after he flew in. However, the bad news was that he got food poisoning on the plane and was super sick the day Maddie was born. I can still remember him laying next to me in the hospital groaning because of HIS stomach pain. Everything with the birth went smooth. The only part I didn't like about the birth was the pain of getting the epidural. He had to poke me three times before he got it in the right spot. AHHHH! That was way worse than the rest of the birth. But as soon as Maddie came out I thought she was beautiful. Josh quite honestly frightened both Dave and I when he came out. He had a massive cone head, crazy hair, and didn't look anything like what I was expecting. Maddie seemed to have all the perfect little features and a sweet cry. Both Dan and Kate were on trips for Memorial Day weekend and were not getting home until Tuesday. But, when Dave knew that I was going to have the baby soon, he called Thomas, and Thomas was there in a flash! In fact, Thomas was the one who wheeled me up to my recovery room. I felt like the whole world was spinning around me as Thomas cruised by everyone. My mom had been with me the night before because Dave didn't believe that my water had actually broken so my mom went with me to the hospital to get it checked out. So, that is the birth story of Maddie in a nutshell. I love my little Maddie. I will post more pictures of this birthday girl in a few days. Happy Birthday Matts!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Maddie! We are so sorry we weren't able to stay for your birthday party! You are such a cute girl and always so smiley! We have enjoyed the times you have come over to play and will miss you so much! We will forever remember when she was younger and reminded us so much of Little Cindy Lu Who!! What a sweet and beautiful little girl you are!! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Maddie!! So sad that I couldn't see you last night, Kristine. Ella ended up in the Hospital. We'll be here for at least two more days. . . what a week it has been. . . I wish for the best for you and your family in Indy, and we'll keep in touch. . . if you're driving past st. johns morross, stop on in. . . ha. . .
maddie is the cutest! can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Hope you don't mind us joining the moving party.
What a story! Dave tried to steal the show. Haha.
Happy belated birthday Maddie.I apologize for not being able to come, especially with you guys getting ready to leave.
Post a Comment