Wow, I have now been a mother for 5 years! My little leap year baby just turned 5...(or is he still 1?!) Last weekend we had a great birthday for Josh. The most special part about it was that his cousins drove up from Ohio for the occasion. Josh debated back and forth between a Spider man party or a Star Wars party. Star Wars won. Josh also made it very clear to me that he wanted an "all boys" birthday party. We put on a mini carnival in our gym in the church. I owe 99% of the credit to my husband for his creativity and enthusiasm.
We had 6 or 7 little games for the kids to win tickets and collect prizes at the end.

Here we have the Darth Vader pinata. Maddie is taking her turn.
I remember loving the game musical chairs when I was a kid. However, it kind of seems to be a cruel game at this age. Every time a kid didn't get a chair they were in tears or on the verge. Maddie especially was upset when someone was sitting in her chair.
We had 6 or 7 little games for the kids to win tickets and collect prizes at the end.
Here we have the Darth Vader pinata. Maddie is taking her turn.
I remember loving the game musical chairs when I was a kid. However, it kind of seems to be a cruel game at this age. Every time a kid didn't get a chair they were in tears or on the verge. Maddie especially was upset when someone was sitting in her chair.



4 comments:
He is so cute. I bet he had a really great time.
Happy Birthday, Josh!!! Good choice on the Star Wars party, that's totally awesome. I think I might borrow your idea for my birthday this year! And kudos to Dave on the cake - that's really impressive!
Oh, I have been waiting all week for these pictures. I am so excited to see them. Oh, how I wish I were there to take part--it looks like a fabulous party. The cake is --once again--fabulous and the games look great. You are both wonderful parents and I am so glad that I belong to your family. Love, Nettie
I love the spiderman costume being worn by darthvader! What a character!
Post a Comment