Thursday, March 19, 2009

INDIANA!

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!
We found out we are moving to Indianapolis, Indiana!!!
I have never been to Indiana, but Dave said it was one of his top favorite cities. Indiana was Dave's FIRST interview. It was our number 1 choice, but we were quite shocked to find out today that we "matched" there! Dave is officially DONE with Medical School and begins residency on July 1st. This residency is a 5 year program. It is a triple board program that will allow Dave to do Pediatrics/Child Psychiatry/ and Adult Psych after the 5 years.
Our next plans are to go "house shopping" in the next month and learn as much about Indiana as possible. Dave has his graduation in New York City (In the Lincoln Center!) on June 12th. We hope to come to Salt Lake soon after that before he starts work in July.
We were so happy to hear today that all of our friends matched either their first or second choice! Congratulations to everyone!!

16 comments:

The Aamodt Family said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys!! Congratulations to both of you! I guess I should say "all" of you!! Love you.

Keri and Aaron said...

Congrats! We are excited for you! We stopped by Indiana on our way to NJ and visited Jenni and John Hendrickson--they are about an hour away from the city I think. We really liked it there-driving through anyway. :) Best wishes with everything!

Joel and Crystal said...

Congatulations!!!! Wahoo!!! We are soooo excited for you!!!

Shay said...

How exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

beth said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

AZ Thomson Family said...

Congratulations!!!! Let us know when you plan to be in Utah. If we are still here, we willcome see you.

theriddle said...

I'm so happy for you. It must be very setteling to know where you will live for the next few years. I wish you the very best.

Jodi said...

wow! congrats on getting his first pick! that is awesome. what a fun adventure. i'm starting to think we'll always be in utah. Indiana sounds fun though.

Natalie R. said...

What a relief it is now that the Match is finished ;-) Congrats on your placement and Triple Board too!

cailin said...

Congrats! It's wonderful you got your top choice. Have fun getting settled in. Won't it be nice to stop moving around for 5 years?

missandyd said...

All I can say is holy crap! I am soooo happy for you guys! You totally deserve everything you got! I hope you have great adventures in Indiana and maybe I can come visit sometime!! We are still on for the run!

Ritch in Love said...

OMGOSH!!!!! I love Indy! It's one of my VERY favorite overnights!!!We stay downtown by the new stadium (which is SOOO pretty!). There is great shopping, great food, great weather, great people!!! I love it! I'm SOO happy for you guys!!

suzi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you guys... first choice match! Hooray!

Julie Lovell said...

Congratulations! Indiana is beautiful. I'm sure you'll love it.

The Aamodt Family said...

Dave and Kristine,
All Dan had to say when I told him where you were going....."Hoosiers"!!

Diamond Evans said...

Congrats on Indiana.