Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Florida with Andrea!

What a great little get away. I have to thank my husband for the wonderful idea. He wanted to play Mr. Mom for 5 days while I visit one of my best friends Andrea Derrick Tyler. Dave had a week off (which never happens) So, I am taking advantage of a cheap plane ticket and some girly girl time. These pictures are at Blue Springs National Park. So beautiful. We went swimming in the clear water, but don't swim where it is murky or you may run into an alligator. Andrea taught me all about Manatees too. They are the world's only totally aquatic vegetarian mammals, and are facing extinction.

Tyler thought the water was a little chilly, but he had fun splashing around anyway.

It has been great to have some baby bonding time.
And here is Andrea with her adorable 18 month old Max. Max loves baby Ty. He is totally hinting to Andrea that he wants a playmate.


Why is it that baby's are so cute that you just want to eat them?
It is so fun hanging out with this little buddy.
Do you want to see what Andrea is holding in her hands!!
Check this out, after it rains there are little frogs like this hopping all over the ground. They are about the same size as mosquito's. Aren't they absolutely adorable!!!

Can you see how clear that water is? People tube down the springs, it is like a lazy river.


Thanks Andrea for such a fun adventure. It feels like we are living on an island. I love the humidity and sea breeze. I will be back to visit again!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Looks fun!

beth said...

How fun! I'm so glad you got to go. It's been getting cold here, so enjoy the Florida weather while you can.

Natalie R. said...

What a great trip!! How nice to get a bit of real vacation. :0)

footballcrucible said...

how fun. Those frogs really are cute. Joan